Furnish Your Home
The Blessing Board is committed to providing no-cost furniture and household items to those in need by demonstrating Christ’s love and compassion. If you’re in need of receiving furniture, please read the following information BEFORE submitting an application or calling The Blessing Board.
The easiest way to request an appointment at The Blessing Board is to fill out an Application for Appointment. Please include all of the required information (items with a red asterisk* are required).
These online applications are responded to first. After submitting your form, should an appointment become available our Appointment Coordinator will contact you. If you receive a voicemail message, please call back and leave the best time to contact you during our normal business hours Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
If you are unable to fill out the form online, call 412-828-1055 (option 1) and leave your name, phone number, zip code and a brief message.
Please submit only one application. Duplicate applications or phone calls to check on your application status slow down the process and make it difficult for us to reach applicants in a timely manner. Please keep in mind that we receive over 400 applications each month and we currently have the capacity to schedule only 150 appointments.
Yes, Social Service agencies can make appointments for their clients. They must request a link to the social worker online form from the Appointment Coordinator.
- Arrive at the appointed time, park your truck and ring the doorbell
- Have your ID ready for registration
- Hear a brief talk about The Blessing Board’s mission
- Meet with a volunteer to discuss your needs
- Make selections from what is available
- Take your items home (we will load your truck for you)
People qualify for a Blessing Board donation if they are without and do not have the means to purchase their own furniture. Anyone in need can apply, no agency referral is required.
Depending upon current inventory*…
- Living Room, Bedroom, and Dining Room/Kitchen Furniture
- Pots and Pans, Dishes, Towels, Sheets, and Lamps
- Mattresses and Box Springs (size and framing cannot be guaranteed)
*Note: All donated items are gently used.
Important Information About Receiving Help
Other Appointment Guidelines and Information
- Depending on current donations, furniture supply could be limited
- You must bring a truck large enough to hold the items you need
- Only the person with an appointment is allowed on the warehouse floor to select furniture due to safety concerns
- If you have a disability and need assistance, one person may accompany you
- Children are not permitted in the warehouse
- You must be living in, or have keys to, a permanent residence
- Missed appointments will not be rescheduled
- Each person/household is served only once
I submitted an application (or left a voicemail message). Why haven’t I heard back from you?
We receive over 400 applications each month and we currently have the capacity to schedule only 150 appointments. Therefore, not all applications or phone messages receive a callback. Keep in mind, our part-time staff review online applications first.
While The Blessing Board can’t promise to supply everything you need, we promise to do our best to serve you.